Who has cracked heels? How to solve the problem? Anyone who rubs with a file, trims with scissors, or scrubs hard, try checking to see if it’s the correct method or not.
What are the symptoms of cracked heels?
Cracked heel symptoms It is a condition where the heels are dry, thick, rough, and hard until they crack and separate into sheets. If the wound cracks all the way to the inside It may cause the wound to bleed or cause pain.
Cracked heel symptoms It usually occurs during the cold, dry winter months. But it can happen at any time. And can happen at any gender and age. Depends on lifestyle habits
What causes cracked heels?
- Dry or cold weather
- Drink a little water
- Take a shower with warm water that is too hot. Soaking in hot water for a long time or too often
- Use soap that dries out the skin. Do not apply nourishing cream that keeps the feet moisturized.
- Foot scrubbing is too harsh
- Wearing shoes that do not protect the feet or expose the feet too much
- Being obese, having a lot of weight
- Being a patient with diabetes
Dangers of cracked heels
In addition to the symptoms of cracked heels being unsightly in terms of beauty, It also creates problems for people because they may experience pain from the wound. And if the problem of cracked heels is left until it becomes a deep wound and is not treated. May be at risk of severe infection. Especially those with diabetes or obesity.
How to properly treat cracked heels
- Use products that nourish Moisturizes the skin around the heels. By choosing products such as creams and lotions that nourish the skin on the heels. Especially to reduce the problem of cracked heels. It may be a skin cream that contains dimethicone that will help prevent dry skin. and increase moisture and retain water to the skin Reduce the occurrence of thick and calloused skin from dry skin that causes cracked heel skin as a result. Including moisturizing skin cream. or cream that contains oil
- Apply petroleum jelly to the area where the heel is cracked. You should apply it before going to bed and wear socks over it. Allows the skin on cracked heels to absorb moisture from the gel overnight while you sleep.
- Drink adequate amounts of clean water.
- Do not use soap with strong chemicals or ingredients that can dry out the skin. Choose soap that cares for the skin. Does not cause allergic reactions Doesn’t irritate the skin. and does not make the skin dry
- Reduce weight to a reasonable level.
- Choose to wear shoes with soft soles that care for your feet or wear thick cloth socks. To help preserve the heel skin
If your cracked heel symptoms do not improve How should I fix it?
In some cases, there are severe cracked heel problems. Until it greatly interferes with daily life Or the wound on the heel is cracked, very painful, or infected, you should see a doctor immediately for proper treatment. The doctor may consider one treatment method. It depends on the severity of the symptoms.
- Surgery for dead tissue The doctor will remove some of the hard, thick, broken skin. It should only be done by a doctor. If you do it yourself, you may risk the wound getting infected.
- Use a bandage to cover the wound. To reduce shock and tearing of the wound on the heel
- Treated with medicine, including topical medicine, oral medicine, or both. To relieve pain and inflammation that occurs or creams containing urea or salicylic acid
- reinforced shoe soles By using a rubber shoe pad to relieve weight and pressure on the heel. This can relieve the ufabet https://ufabet999.com symptoms and severity of cracked heels.